6 whole Russet potatoes (cut into small bite size pieces)
1/2 whole Yellow Onion, diced
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Salt to taste
Paprika to taste
Black Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. Pile potatoes and onions on a square of foil.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to each foil. Splash on cream to each pile.
3. Then sprinkle on salt, paprika, and black pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle minced parsley over the top.
5. Wrap bundles tightly and bake 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until extremely tender.
6. Serve bundles right on the dinner plate.
These were G...O...O...D...!!! It was little work, BUT definitely worth it! It's a great dish for when you are entertaining!! You do have to make sure that you cook the potatoes until they are VERY tender......hard potatoes are never good. I had to cook mine for about an hour to get them really tender! The number of bundles depends on the size of your potatoes, mine made about 7. I did learn the second time I cooked them, the more potatoes you add to each bundle the longer they had to be cooked to turn out nice and tender. I really like the idea of the individual foils, but next time I am going to try baking them in one big piece of foil with all the ingredients lumped into one big pile. I will let you know how that turns out! Enjoy!
This recipe came from:
The Pioneer Woman Cooks