1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground chili pepper
1 pork tenderloin~ trimmed of visible fat
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly spray roasting pan with olive oil spray. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, allspice, garlic powder,and chili pepper. Rub the pork tenderloin evenly with the olive oil. Then rub evenly with the spice mixture until coated. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, garlic, and hot sauce.
Whisk to mix. Set aside.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, lightly mist with olive oil spray. Place the pork in the pan. Cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned on all sides. Transfer to the prepared roasting pan. With a basting brush, evenly coat the pork tenderloin with the reserved honey mixture.
6. Cover the tenderloin with aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 160°F and the juices run clear.
7. Remove from the oven. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.
**This recipe was really good! I usually don't venture out and try things like this, but I was so glad I did! I did alter a few ingredients and cooking times from the original recipe. I got this recipe from Cookbook Jungle.