Sunday, March 7, 2010

Meal Planning

It's 4:30 in the afternoon........

About an hour before dinner........

The hubby (aka "daddy") will be calling soon to let you know he is on his way home......while finishing the conversation, he asks "what's for dinner??"

The kids are starting to chant "Mommy, I'm hungry"......



Do you know what's for dinner?? Do you have a plan??
OR
Are you stressed because you have to figure out something to throw together at the last minute??




I have had quite a few people over the last couple of months ask me about meal planning. How I do it? What I serve? Where do I get my meal ideas? Any tips or ideas I have in relation to meal planning, ect......so I thought I would share MY strategies. Obviously, you have to create a meal planning strategy that works best for YOU and YOUR family's weekly schedule,so these are just the ways I have found it easiest for me. These are the strategies I have found *help* save what little bit of sanity I have left come the end of the day:-)


If you don't currently meal plan and your one of those that finds yourself at 5:00 rambling through the pantry looking for something to throw together, I would encourage you to start meal planning! TODAY!!! In the end it will save you TONS of MONEY and TIME! And who doesn't need more of both of those!:-)

TO BE CONTINUED.................

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you post this now because lately I've really been thinking about starting to make meal plans again. I've done it in the past but have gotten out of the habit. I'm really looking forward to some of your personal tips!

    On a similar note, the idea to begin meal planning is related to my desire to eat healthier. I remember in a recent post that you had committed to eating more veggies, and I'm with you! I definitely eat healthier (and like you said, spend less money!) when I plan ahead.

    ReplyDelete