Friday, July 17, 2009

Taco Soup

1 can of rotel
1 can kernal corn (undrained)
1 can kidney beans (undrained)
1 can black beans (undrained)
2 cans tomato sauce
1 package dry Ranch mix
1 package dry taco mix
1 pound ground beef/or turkey

Brown meet. Combine all the above ingredients in a stock pot and simmer until hot!

Yes people, it is that SIMPLE!! It doesn't get any better than that!! Serve it up with some warm cornbread and it is a tummy pleaser! Of course you can always add the toppings such as cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream!! YUM....This recipe came from my sweet, dear from Amanda! I will never forget the day she gave it to me! We were teaching together at Elmore Park and I was desperate for a new recipe. She seriously had it memorized! She jotted it down for me on a little yellow post-it and I have been making it since!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I make this all the time, and Stephen and I both LOVE it! We love having it with Fritos on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also very yummy when topped with diced avacado.

    ReplyDelete