- 1 cup extra long grain rice
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.
Recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes
**This rice was FANTASTIC!!!!! Definitely a keeper!!! In my opinion, it was BETTER than Chipotle's!!!!** And if your in a hurry, you could skip all the "rice cooking" steps and use Minute Rice to speed things up! I"m going to try that next time!
Taco Salads using Aztec Taco Shell bowls OR you could use flour tortilla's and make Burritos
- Aztec Taco Shells or Flour Tortillas
- Mixture of chopped Baby Spinach and Green Leaf Lettuce
- Cilantro Lime Rice (see above recipe)
- Seasoned Ground Beef or Chicken (using any brand Taco Seasoning Pack)
- Seasoned Black Beans (drain, rinse under cold water, place in microwave safe bowl to heat up. I put a couple tablespoons of chicken broth I had in the bowl before microwaving them to keep them from drying out. I also added a few dashes of garlic powder and ground cumin)....SO good!!
- Homemade Pico de Gallo...combine chopped tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Season with salt/pepper, a little garlic powder and a few dashes of lime juice.
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or you could use a Mexican blend)