3 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. **Do not increase temperature any higher**
2. Combine the 3 tablespoons white sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. *This is what you will roll dough in**
3. Blend brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed. Add butter and blend until grainy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until light and fluffy.
4. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to sugar mixture, mixing at low speed just long enough to combine. Do NOT overmix!
5. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.....DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP!!
5. Roll dough into 1inch balls, then roll each ball into cinnamon-sugar to coat. **The dough will be very buttery**
6. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
These cookies are AMAZING.....MELT IN YOUR MOUTH good! I randomly chose this recipe from AllRecipes.com out of about 200 different ones and I think I made a GREAT choice if I do say so myself!!!! By far one of the best cookies I have had in a long time!